A collection of recipes shared among friends...

2.02.2011

MEATLOAF

Hey I know I havn't posted in awhile but I made Meatloaf tonight per my husbands request and it was really good!!

I used

Ground Beef
1 chopped onion
bread crumbs
1 egg
liquid smoke
franks hot sauce
parsley
salt
pepper
parmesan cheese

I just added it by eye instead of measuring, i mixed it all together and as soon as it stuck and didn't fall apart I put foil on a sheet pan and shaped the meat into a loaf. I also added some carrots around the loaf and put Olive Oil, salt/pepper to the carrots and then cooked the meatloaf for 70 minutes at 350...it varys on time depending on how big your loaf is or how your oven cooks, just use a meat thermometer so you know it's all the way cooked. Anyways I served it with some potatos and homemade bread!!! OH I forgot that before I put it in the oven I smothered the top with Ketchup, if you don't like Ketchup you can use barbeque sauce or whatever sauce you like...also, you put some of the Topping inside the mix before you make the loaf.

1 comment:

A.J. and Ashley said...

When I make meatloaf I mix ketchup, a little worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. It's a little sweet and yummy.